Without wanting to sound like The Grinch, it’s fair to say that Christmas can be a real inconvenience – although there’s not likely to be the usual travel headaches and increased rail fares to contend with, the postal service will be at breaking point and the extra bank holidays can cause all sorts of chaos for business owners.
If your business does rely on the postal service, it helps to know when the final postal dates are. Here’s all you need to know.
Although there are a number of delivery services you can use, Royal Mail’s Christmas post dates provide the best indication of whether your letters and packages will be delivered on time over the festive season.
What are Royal Mail’s Christmas posting dates?
The last posting date recommended by Royal Mail for 2020 are:
- Second class mail – Friday, December 18
- First class mail – Monday, December 21
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 – Tuesday, December 22
- Special delivery – Wednesday, December 23
Remember, there will be no deliveries or collections on the festive Bank Holidays, which means no post on Christmas Day or Boxing Day. Normal service will resume on Monday, December 28th until New Year’s Day, when there will be no post again. There’ll also be no service in Scotland on Monday, January 4, as this is a Bank Holiday north of the border.
What are Royal Mail’s overseas Christmas postage dates?
If you need to get anything overseas before Christmas, you’ve missed the boat (or the plane).
The last postage dates for International Economy (formerly Surface Mail) are:
- Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Turkey and USA – Monday, November 2
- Western Europe – Monday, November 16
The dates for International Standard (formerly Airmail) have also passed for most destinations:
- Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central &South America, Far & Middle East – Wednesday, December 9
- Cyrpus and Malta – Thursday, December 10
- Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia) – Friday, December 11
- Greece, Turkey, Australia and New Zealand – Saturday, December 12
- Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, Canada and USA – Saturday, December 12
- Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Portugal, Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Switzerland and Spain – Wednesday, December 16
- Belgium, France, Ireland and Luxembourg – Friday, December 18
The last dates for International Standard HM Forces Mail for British Forces Post Offices (BFPOs) are Monday, November 30 for operational BFPOs, and Monday, December 7 for static BFPOs.
Keep in touch via conference call this Christmas
If you need to keep in touch with colleagues or clients over Christmas – maybe some staff members work from home during the school Christmas holidays – then ConferenceCall.co.uk can keep you connected.
Our service is available 24/7 for 365 days a year, and you can dial in up to 100 participants on a single call, from anywhere in the world.