As expected, Apple this evening announced it will be releasing the all new iPhone 5s and 5c on September 20th.
So here’s a quick rundown of what the tech giant told us earlier – first up, the new operating system…
- It will run on a new operating system, unsurprisingly named iOS7, which will be released on September 7
- Siri will be even smarter!
- iOS 7 will automatically group photos based on when and where they were taken
- iOs7 will also incorporate a feature that allows users to create their own radio stations
The iPhone 5 is to be replaced with two models, one of which is the the iPhone 5s, but first…
The Apple iPhone 5c
- As expected, it will be “more colourful and more fun” and will be available in a range of colours including green, yellow and blue
- It will have a 4-inch retina display, A6 chip and an 8megapixel camera
- A 16GB version will be available in the US for $99, on a two-year contract
- Apple says “The iPhone 5c is beautifully, unapologetically plastic”
And so on to the…
The Apple iPhone 5s
- This will be available in gold
- It comes with a A7 chip, 64bit – which is some advanced smartphone tech, the A7 chip is twice as fast as the A6
- Used on 3G it will have 250 hours of standby time and 10 hours of talktime
- It will have a 4inch screen and an 8megapixel camera
- The camera will have burst mode with 10 frames per second
- And slo-mo at 120 frames per second
- For security it will have a fingrprint ID scanner contained in the home button
- This will also allow you to authenticate your iTunes purchases with your fingerprint!
- A 16GB version will be available in the US for $199, on a two-year contract