If you’ve got a customer-facing business, an active presence on social media is a must, not least because it offers:
- A great way to raise awareness of your brand, and build advocacy
- An effective platform for promoting products and special offers
- A way to interact with customers and resolve complaints.
Get it wrong though, and it can be disastrous for both your brand and your business – so here’s how to turn a social media complaint into a success story.
Why social media is vital for customer care
If you’re in any doubt as to the impact social media has had on customer care – and, in turn, why it’s vital your business gets it right – then consider the following stats from Conversocial, a leading cloud-based social customer service solution:
- Customer service interactions over Twitter have increased 250% in the last two years. (Twitter)
- Answering a social media complaint increases customer advocacy by as much as 25%. (Convince and Convert)
- Speedy responses on social media mean customers are willing to spend more with your business. (Twitter)
The trouble is, not every bit of feedback on social media is going to be positive, so it’s vital you deal with the complaints swiftly and effectively.
How to turn a social media complaint into a positive
More and more customers are turning to social media to make complaints, possibly because they can’t find another way to get through to your business, or maybe because they think dealing with the matter publicly will make your business resolve their issue more efficiently – whatever the reason, it’s vital any complaints are dealt with.
Check out the infographic below to find out the basics of social media customer care, and turn those negative vibes into positive experiences.