Conference Call frequently asked questions
We’ve put together a list of answers to some frequently asked conference call questions.
If you can’t find the answer to your question below, you can send your question via email or send a message via the contact form or by calling us on 0800 151 0065 (landline) or 0207 100 1380 (mobile). These lines are open 24/7.
Schedule a Conference Call
How long will my PIN remain valid?
- Your pin code remains valid until you ask us to deactivate the pin code.
Can I use my PIN immediately?
- Yes, you can now request your PIN and use it immediately.
How often can I use my PIN?
- You can use your PIN as often as you like.
Can I make 2 or more simultaneous conference calls?
You will then need an additional PIN.
If you request a pin code, you will receive an email with your details.
In that email you will find the option to request additional pin codes directly.
You can also send an email with your request to email@example.com.
I want to schedule a conference call, should I let you know?
- No, you can schedule a conference call and start it without informing us.
I don't remember my PIN, now what?
- No worries, enter your e-mail address at the top of this page and you will immediately receive a pin code again.
What is the maximum number of participants per conference call?
- The maximum number of participants for a conference call is 100. If you want to schedule a conference call with more than 100 participants, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can participants dial in with both their landline and mobile phone?
- Yes, your participants can dial in with their landline or mobile phone. Please note that there are different dial-in numbers for UK mobiles and landlines.
Can UK participants dial in with their mobile phone abroad?
- UK participants abroad simply call +44 843 373 0999 with their mobile phone.
Can foreign participants also participate in the conference call?
ConferenceCall.co.uk offers local dial-in numbers in 60+ countries.
And even if a local dial-in number is not available in a country, participants can easily join by calling one of our worldwide dial-in numbers: +44 843 373 0999.
Example: a German participant takes part in your conference call
If a German participant is invited by you for your conference call, he or she will call the German dial-in number 01803 - 127127. This is a German number. He or she does not need to call +49 1803 127127 or + 44 1803 127 127 because you are organizing the conference call. If the participant from Germany is a UK person who calls on his or her mobile phone, he/she should use the worldwide dial-in number: +44 843 373 0999.
Do I have to call the worldwide dial-in number when organizing an international conference call?
- No, you can simply call the Dutch dial-in number. Our advanced system 'links' the participants based on the PIN code you have provided.
The Conference Call
Do participants hear a notification when a participant enters or leaves the conference call?
- Yes, as soon as a participant enters the conference call, the other participants hear a signal and the participant's name is played. As soon as a participant leaves the conference call, a signal is also played.
Can I record my conference call?
- Yes, with ConferenceCall.co.uk you can have your conference call recorded for free! During the conference call, dial # 9 to start recording. To stop recording, press # 9 again.
How do I receive the recording of my conference call?
- Immediately after the conference call you recorded, you will receive an email with a link to download your recording as an MP3 file. You then have 7 days to download the recording and save it on your computer. After 7 days we delete the recording.
How safe are my recordings?
- Your recording is downloaded via a secure HTTPS / SSL connection. In addition, recordings are automatically deleted from our servers after 7 days.
What can I do if a participant calls in from a noisy environment?
- Ask the participant to find a quiet environment to mute the background noise. If this is not possible, you can ask the participant to key in # 6 to temporarily switch off the microphone. To reactivate the microphone, the participant again dials # 6. Do not use the mute button on your phone, this may cause the call to get disconnected.
What can I do if an echo is heard during the conference call?
This is usually caused by a participant who has put his / her phone on the speaker or 'hands-free'.
Another common cause is a participant dialing in from the car with a Bluetooth 'hands-free kit'.
If the sound of the speaker is too loud, the microphone picks up this sound signal and sends it back in the conference call.
Ask the participant to take the phone off the speaker or turn the volume down. If this is not possible, you can ask the participant to key in # 6 to temporarily switch off the microphone. To reactivate the microphone, the participant again dials # 6.
Can I pay the costs for all participants?
- Yes, but not via our normal service conferencecall.co.uk. For more information, please have a look at our other service: speaq.com.
Can I pre-program my phone?
When participants dial in with their mobile phone, they can pre-program the conference call.
This way you do not have to enter the PIN code again after dialing in.
With most used mobile phones (iPhone, Samsung, etc) you can do the following with example PIN code 12345678:
1. Create a new Contact in your address book (eg ConferenceCall “PROJECT NAME”)
2. The number is 08433730843,12345678 for landlines and 83000,12345678 for mobiles
You can then dial in to the conference call directly from your Contact List. If you use multiple PIN codes, you can add multiple Contacts. The “comma” on the iPhone is the “Pause” key. The “comma” on a Samsung / Android device is “hold down the asterisk so that the comma appears”
Can I activate a personal welcome message?
A personal welcome message is a great way to add some personality to your conference call and make it unique to you and your business.
So, if you introduce yourself as "Alexander Graham Bell", the message will read "Welcome to the conference call of Alexander Graham Bell”.
As the UK’s simplest conference call service, recording and adding your own personal welcome couldn’t be easier – just follow the steps below to set up your own message:
- Step 1: call 020 – 704 81 338
- Step 2: enter your PIN code
- Step 3: follow the menu
- Step 4: speak your personal welcome message
- Step 5: confirm the personal welcome message or speak again.
As soon as we’ve received your personal message, you’ll receive an e-mail to the e-mail address linked to the PIN code, with the request to confirm the change. Once you have confirmed the change, the personal message is active.
Where can you find us?
24/7 Customer Support
0800 151 0065
0207 100 1380
54/56 avenue Hoche
Im Mediapark 6 C
2343 LB Oegstgeest
Route de Crassier 7
566 Chiswick High Road
London, W4 5YA